"This is a major rebuild of both Timecard GPS and Timecard GPS Lite. We have examined both applications and features and included input from our local customers." says Thomas Marshall, Econz SA National Sales Director. "In addition, uptake of the solution in our South African base has not only grown steadily in the three years since we put staff permanently on the ground here, but these customers have consistently requested features they needed to track and manage their mobile and field service staff.
"When a customer asks for a customised feature or report, we just do it and deliver it to them. South African customers are not shy to ask for something they need and many of these developments have been included in more generic forms in the new build," he says. "We consider this build to be the most significant and major upgrade in the past three years."
The upgrade is free to customers from the PlayStore and customers and resellers should ensure all their devices are updated as soon as possible.
Features and benefits include:
- 50% reduction per hour in battery usage on Android devices – phones and tablets
- Speed triggers – alert sent to management when speed limits exceeded in vehicles. Prevents accidents and reduces fuel costs
- Clock in and clock out alerts: alerts management or team leaders when a staff member does not clock in or time. If a complete no show, enables managers to call to ascertain whether to send a replacement and also lateness and absenteeism can be tracked. Clock out to specified times enables managers to track fraudulent overtime claims.
- PIN Codes: issuing specific PIN codes allocated to each individual where they are required to check in at specific, pre-set periods – 15 minutes, 30 minutes etc – to ensure employee is awake, in the correct location etc.
- Employee Active Alert functionality added. Now Administrators can setup an automatic alert for the employees to confirm if they are actively using the application. In case the alert is ignored, the system can send a message to the employee as well as an email notification for the managers that the employee may not be active.
- Google Traffic in the Timecard Map: Have you ever wondered if there was a simpler way to send your employees quickly to a location taking traffic into consideration? Well now you can check Google traffic from your Econz Webportal and advise staff of alternate traffic-free routes
- Hierarchical Reporting: allows for regional, local, general managers, team leaders and supervisors to request only their team, regional staff or all staff reports, according to needs.
- Schedule Multiple Reports: Some customers need to have all their reports sent to their email without even accessing the Web Portal. "View Scheduled Reports" is a new feature that allows supervisors and managers to schedule reports according to their needs by date period, start and end period date, add or remove any other reports temporarily or permanently, and sent automatically to your email as either HTML or CSV Spreadsheet.
- GPS Location Report is now showing the specific tasks for the employees selected, so this will be very valuable for Administrators to match the employees' log in with the expected location.
- Setting up Web Team Leaders: The system now has the capability to add Web Team Leaders, which are managers with web access that have limited access and view of company employees. This is particularly useful for companies that have many teams with their own managers and would like to restrict the users that they need to have access to. They will be able to perform:
- Monitor the map for GPS movement
- Manage jobs and team members for assigned teams
- View reports for the assigned employees.
This new build is available now from the PlayStore and customers only need to update their current versions on all their phones/tablet.
Visit our blog for more instructions for certain new management reports.